More Nausicaa DB Details, Tales from Earthsea North American DVD
- Disney's official site for the Nausicaa BD release is up and contains six video clips.
- Tales from Earthsea receives a video release on the same day (March 8, 2011). The Goro Miyazaki-helmed film is only coming out on DVD this round.
Thanks to Tom Harris and Daniel Zelter for the news.
--LLin 17:07, 21 November 2010 (UTC)
Nausicaa BD Heading to North America
The Digital Bits is reporting a March 8, 2011 release date for a BD+DVD combo pack of Nausicaa of the Valley of the Wind. Retailing at $39.99 extras include The World of Ghibli, Creating Nausicaa, Enter the Lands, and storyboards.
Thanks to Daniel Zelter for the news.
--LLin 04:39, 20 November 2010 (UTC)
Ghibli Pre-announces New film in Rome (Not Porco Rosso 2)
Ghibli President Koji Hoshino announced at the Rome International Film Festival that the studio will unveil their next film on December 15th.
The Yomiuri Online has a Japanese-language report of the press conference.
Our poorly worded earlier news article on Miyazaki's interview in Cut magazine gave the impression that Miyazaki was planning a film sequel to Porco Rosso when in fact it'll be a manga as announced by Model Graphix. Hoshino was asked about the film at the Rome press conference and while his response was not a direct denial ("Next work will be announced later this year in Japan. Please look forward to it.") we're confident that the December 15 announcement will not be Porco Rosso 2.
Thanks to Ettore and T. Ishikawa for the news
--Mrgazpacho 23:41, 10 November 2010 (UTC)
Miyazaki as a Young Artist, New Nausicaa Gunship Model, Totoro (sort of) in South Park
- At the 4:35 mark in this NTV program a painting from a then 18 year-old Miyazaki is displayed. This painting is displayed on a wall at the Studio Ghibli Museum but is overlooked by most visitors.
- Bandai, supervised by Miyazaki, is releasing a new Nausicaa gunship model next February. Expect to shell out ¥10,500 for the ~30cm-wide model.
- Totoro parodied two different times in "South Park" season 14, episode 12: Mysterion Rises. The first clip is available online.
Thanks to T. Ishikawa, shinji, and Andrew B for the news.
--LLin 00:01, 9 November 2010 (UTC)