Arrietty Around the World, Spotlight on Studio Ghibli
- Australia: Madman shows a theatrical release date of January 12 with the majority of cinemas locations in Victoria.
- Denmark: The film opens in theaters on Christmas
- UK: The Studio Canal site mentions Blu-ray, DVD, and Download options but no date. Their "Coming Soon" section lists a (potential) January 9 release date.
- Film Independent at LACMA is hosting Spotlight on Studio Ghibli on November 26 featuring Castle in the Sky and Spirited Away. Both films are in Japanese with English subtitles and are new 35mm prints. A sneak peek of The Secret of Arrietty is also planned.
Thanks to David Bate, Daniel Zelter, Joel Alexander, and Jasmine Teran for the news.
--LLin 17:09, 19 November 2011 (UTC)
Goro Miyazaki Talks Up Next Ghibli Film, Ni no Kuni English Release, The Cinema of Hayao Miyazaki
- Goro Miyazaki held special lecture for Studio Ghibli Layout Exhibition at Matsumoto Museum and talked about Ghibli's next film. "I think that it will probably be released in the year after next. In fact, my father has begun to make a movie. It is awesome. I think, 'how can he create such a movie?'".
- NAMCO BANDAI announced a 2012 release for Ni no Kuni: Wrath of the White Witch. Originally released on the Nintendo DS the North American release is for the PlayStation 3 "which has had a multitude of new elements added to make it a brand new title in its own right".
- The Cinema of Hayao Miyazaki by Jeremy Mark Robinson is blurbed by the publisher as "This new study of Hayao Miyazaki considers all of his films and TV shows (and his manga work). It also includes chapters on Studio Ghibli • on fellow director Isao Takahata • Miyazaki's influences • his contemporaries and colleagues • his characters • his movies' relation to Western animation (including Disney) • his unmade films • and his themes and motifs." 496 pages.
Thanks to T. Ishikawa and Kevin Thomas for the news.
--LLin 03:51, 9 November 2011 (UTC)