[Ghibli-announce] [MH-announce] Disney's Annual Report mentions MH (fwd)

Ryoko Toyama (ryokot@rocketmail.com)
Mon, 19 Apr 1999 21:19:29 -0700 (PDT)

Date: Mon, 19 Apr 1999 21:19:29 -0700 (PDT)
From: Ryoko Toyama <ryokot@rocketmail.com>
Subject: [Ghibli-announce] [MH-announce] Disney's Annual Report mentions MH (fwd)
To: mh-announce@nausicaa.net

The following was originally posted by to the Miyazaki Mailing list by Chis
Miller.

--------Begin quote-------------
I don't own stock in Disney, but I had a chance to acquire a copy of their
annual report to stockholders.  To my disappointment, "Kiki's Delivery
Service" was not mentioned among their 1998 video releases, but
Mononoke-hime did get two mentions:

In the section titled 'Filmed Entertainment':  "Miramax's 1999 slate
includes ... 'Princess Mononoke', an animated folktale directed by Hayao
Miyazaki, whom some call "the Walt Disney of Japan," and featuring the
voices of Gillian Anderson, Minnie Driver and Clair Danes, ... ."

In the section titled 'Buena Vista Home Entertainment':  "In Japan, BVHE
released the country's number-one-selling videocasette of all time,
'Princess Mononoke', which sold more than four million units.

The report contained no pictures of their (or their subsidiaries) Japanese
titles.

Any typos in the above quotes were more than likely mine.  ^_^;