[Ghibli-announce] [MH-announce] English Mononoke book from Hyperion

Ryoko Toyama (ryokot@rocketmail.com)
Wed, 14 Apr 1999 19:29:15 -0700 (PDT)

Date: Wed, 14 Apr 1999 19:29:15 -0700 (PDT)
From: Ryoko Toyama <ryokot@rocketmail.com>
Subject: [Ghibli-announce] [MH-announce] English Mononoke book from Hyperion
To: mh-announce@nausicaa.net

Hyperion to publish "Princess Mononoke" book in the US.

Hyperion, part of the publishing company Buena Vista Books Inc., is going to
publish a book on "Princess Mononoke" in the US. The book hasn't come out yet,
and there is no official announcement, but the following is the information
gathered from a couple of on-line bookstores (among others, Amazon.com,
barnesandnoble.com, and Borders.com) which have this book on their database,
as well as from the online catalog of the Library of Congress:

Title: The Princess Mononoke: the art and making of Japan's most popular film
of all time
Published: New York : Hyperion Books, 1999
Estimated Date of Publication: July 1999
Format: Trade Paperback; 224 Pages
List Price: $29.95
Subjects categories for LoC:
Princess Mononoke (Motion picture)
Animated films -- Japan -- Drawings
Artists' preparatory studies -- Japan
Mononoke hime
ISBN Number: 0-786-88385-5
Everything is subjected to changes.

You can see the cover picture of the book at Amazon.com,
http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/0786883855/qid%3D924143517/002-1702767-3512433

We guess this may be the English version of "The Art of The Princess Mononoke"
(see our MH Books page, http://www.nausicaa.net/miyazaki/mh/books.html), due
to the similarity of the page count in both books.

NOTE: Listing the above online bookstore does not mean that we endorse any of
them. We recommend you to contact your favorite bookstore for
ordering/pre-ordering inquiries.