[Misc. Ghibli] Ghibli related event calendar (in Japan)

=?iso-2022-jp?B?Unlva28gVG95YW1hGyRCISEbKEI=?= (airami@starleaf.net)
Mon, 21 Jun 1999 12:43:35 +0900

From: =?iso-2022-jp?B?Unlva28gVG95YW1hGyRCISEbKEI=?= <airami@starleaf.net>
To: <other-announce@nausicaa.net>
Subject: [Misc. Ghibli] Ghibli related event calendar (in Japan)
Date: Mon, 21 Jun 1999 12:43:35 +0900

The official home page of Shochiku (the movie company who will distribute
"Yamada-Kun") now has a page about "Yamada-Kun".
http://www.shochiku.co.jp/cinema/yamada-kun/index.html

It has a list of events (in Japan) related to Ghibli and Yamada-Kun:
(As Japanese custom, I will put the month first, date second, so Europeans
please be aware.)

m/d
7/1
Press conference and test screening for the completed film.
CD single of the theme song by Akiko Yano to be released from Epic Sony
Three Yamada-related CDs, including the soundtrack, to be released from
Tokuma Japan Communications.

7/2
Omohide Poroporo to be aired on NTV
OPP video release (from BVHE Japan)

7/3
"Director's Talk: Isao Takahata, Part 1" to be aired on Eisei Gekijyou.
[Eisei Geijyou is a satellite channel. If you have DirecTV or PerfecTV, you
can get this channel.]

7/4
"Yamada-Kun" TV special on NTV (15:00〜16:25)

7/8
"Director's Talk: Isao Takahata, Part 2" to be aired on Eisei Gekijyou.

7/9
Studio Ghibli postcards to be sold at post offices.

7/12 - 14
"The Making of Mononoke Hime" (6-hour video) to be aired (26:15〜28:35)
[on NTV?]

7/12-18(日)
Tokyo Metro is going to run a special train, "Yamada-Kun liner" at
Marunouchi line and Ginza line.
[No details available]

7/16
"Kiki's Delivery Service" on NTV

7/17
"Yamada-Kun" theatrical release

7/20 -26
"Ghibli no Meigamen ga Ippai" event at Fukusima Big Pallet.
(Diorama, models, and such.)

7/22-8/10
"Studio Ghibli Gengaten" exhibition at Nihonbashi Takashimaya (Tokyo)
(Cels, illustrations and such)

7/23
"I Can Hear the Sea" video release (from BVHE Japan)

7/29 -8/9
"Ghibli no Meigamen ga Ippai" event at Niigata Isetan.
(Diorama, models, and such.)

8/10
"Emakimono - the Origin of Anime" exhibition at Chiba City Museum
[This is based on Takahata-San's book.]

8/12 -23
"Studio Ghibli Gengaten" exhibition at Shizuoka Isetan
(Cels, illustrations and such)

Mid-August
"Grave of the Fireflies" on NTV.

Ryo