[Misc. Ghibli] [Books] Umi & Yamada books

=?iso-2022-jp?B?Unlva28gVG95YW1hGyRCISEbKEI=?= (airami@starleaf.net)
Tue, 15 Jun 1999 10:56:07 +0900

From: =?iso-2022-jp?B?Unlva28gVG95YW1hGyRCISEbKEI=?= <airami@starleaf.net>
To: <other-announce@nausicaa.net>
Subject: [Misc. Ghibli] [Books] Umi & Yamada books
Date: Tue, 15 Jun 1999 10:56:07 +0900

*Tokuma is going to publish the Bunkobon (paperback) versions of the novel
which the anime "Umi ga Kikoeru (I Can Hear the Sea) was based on, and the
sequel novel. They used to be available only as hardcover.

The bunkobon version will include color illustrations by Katsuya Kondo, who
also did the character designs and supervising animation in the anime
version. Some of the illustrations were not included in the previously
published hardcover. The cover pictures seems to brand-new cel pictures.

To be released on June 26:
Tokuma Bunko
Umi ga Kikoeru (I Can Hear the Sea)
by Saeko Himuro
ISBN: 4-19-891130-4
590 yen (tax out)

Umiga Kikoeru 2 Ai ga Arukara (I Can Hear the Sea 2, Because There is Ai)
by Saeko Himuro
ISBN: 4-19-891131-2
590 yen (tax out)

*"Tonari no Yamada-Kun", the manga by Hisaichi Ishii, is now available in
three volumes from Tokuma.  It includes several comic strips which were not
included in the previously available version (from Asahi), and also includes
a brand-new strip.

Animage Comics
Tonari no Yamada-Kun Zenshyu (My Neighbors the Yamadas, All Collection)
742 yen each (tax out)
ISBN:
vol. 1:  4197700571
vol. 2: 419770058X
vol. 3: 4197700598

*GaZO vol. 6, a magazine from Tokuma will be published on June 25. It will
contain 40-page length article about "Yamada-Kun".