[Misc. Ghibli] Takahata on TV *in Japan*

Ryoko Toyama (airami@starleaf.net)
Wed, 2 Jun 1999 19:45:32 +0900

From: "Ryoko Toyama" <airami@starleaf.net>
To: <other-announce@nausicaa.net>
Subject: [Misc. Ghibli] Takahata on TV *in Japan*
Date: Wed, 2 Jun 1999 19:45:32 +0900

For those who are in Japan (or those who have contacts in Japan):

*June 13 (Sunday), NHK Educational, from 9am (and rerun on 8pm), "Shin
Nichiyou Bijyutukan (New Sunday Museum)".

Takahata-San will appear in a TV program to talk about Japanese Emakimono
(illustrated stories) art in the 12th century, and its effect on Japanese
animation. (It is his pet theory that this traditional art influenced how
Japanese view and create movies, animation, and manga.)

I believe that this program is based on his new book, "12 seiki no animation
(Animation in the 12th century). The program is called "Sunday Museum", and
it's about art exhibitions and museums. I heard that the Chiba Museum is
going to have an exhibition about Emakimono, based on Takahata-San's book
(details aren't available yet). So, the TV program may be about it.

Also,

*On June 10, from 8 to 9:40 pm.  Wowow will air "Making of Kikujiro no
Natsu", concerning the latest film by Takeshi Kitano. The program will
contain the scenes from the soundtrack recording, so I'm sure that Joe
Hisaishi, who did the music of Kikujiro, will appear.

*On June 25, fom 11:45pm to 0:30am, NHK "Top Runner". A program about Akiko
Yano, a Japanese musician who did the music of "Yamada-Kun". (She also did a
voice in "Yamada"). I don't know if she will talk about Yamada-Kun in this
program, though.

Schedule can be changed. So please check your local listing.

Ryoko